Intertextual Connections


I need my drugs

I hate to admit it, but I think I need a new body. Not that I can be in a Men Health's cover or centre spread of Cleo, but a physical working body that doesn't tighten on me after a break of sweat. 

This evening's badminton was one filled with laughter as the uncles once again relive their young days through the courts. They jumped and ran and shouted for the point, full of zest and life. But upon talking about their wives, they sigh. I wonder why and wonder if that is how it is after. I hope not.

Being the youngest, I warmed up the longest because of my shoulder injury. Uncle TF came and chatted and once again, gave me some pointers about life and work. I think he really likes me and cares for me as a young person. He said to not give up praying for your mom and dad. I never did. 
I thought it was fitting as my final appraisal results comes out tomorrow. Prayerfully, I'll do well and all glory to our Lord for any commendations. 

Uncle TF started off as a clerk with wage earnings of RM150 a month, and moved up to the ranks of bank manager within 5 years earning just about RM1100. In that due course, he said that he had always worked hard, knew where he wanted to go and be like, most importantly he did more than he should, he helped others so that he may learn new things, he cleaned the toilets after work when everyone was home so that customers will be pleased with the bank's outlook. He took small details and task into big accounts. And that has rewarded him well. I think we get along real well now. Being a fellow Malaccan, I guess the gap is brought closer and of course he spoke about Aunt H, his wife, who is an absolutely amazing cook. I think all females should be under her wing on how to keep husbands at home. 

Moments like these keeps me going for badminton, the fellowship with the Seniors, a burst of sweat amongst other things. 

I think I paid a slight price for it tonight. Coz I am hurting. My should is extremely tight at the moment, I iced it immediately after I got home, plonked down and stared at my dogs as I let the ice infuse into what I call 'therapy'. Ideally, I should do another session before bed but it gets tedious and I am really tired. 

Need to get into work by 7am tomorrow, so that I can do just over an hour before heading for marketing breakfast that may stretched till mid-day. Looks like there's more than just food on the plate. 

The shoulder hurts, and the right foot is in some sort of weird pain/sore. Everytime I stomped it, there's like a nagging reaction to it what more with the compounded impact from tonight's game. Honestly, I don't like this feeling. It somehow triggers me to hang up my racquet again and take a break. I don't like taking breaks once I am back in momentum.

I have taken an Arcoxia. it's a drug. a painkiller. Hopefully the sleep will help too.
I think it is best I go for a swim tomorrow instead of the gym, just to ease the pain.
I am really hoping the pain doesn't press on when I am in bed, can be extremely discomforting with the tossing and turning. It's sensitive because 'the way I sleep' may be one sided causing a lot of weight on the shoulders and creating a very stiff lock in the morning. 

I am praying. Please pray too.
For the shoulders and foot. And also the weight on my shoulder - final appraisal results tomorrow. My bonus and increment is dependant on it. Will keep you all posted. To those (u know who you are) who have journeyed with me through the pre-Sara Lee days, it's now a year as you know. We're expecting 3 new trainees in August. I am a senior now. 

Oh, one more thing - Panda took a jab at me with his mouth, came right at me for wanting to show some love. I wanted to make him as a carpet after that. They have both grown A LOT.

7 Responses to “I need my drugs”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    It's okay, I'll let you pose for coverpage of DieselToday. (:

    Remember your billiondollarsmile tmr. It's t.h.e. day to use it.

    Go easy on the shoulder pls. As well as the A-pill.

    Oh, and I deliberately chose my identity as 'anonymous' just so I can sign off as

    dawnbeamer.

    HAHAHA.  

  2. # Blogger z

    you need to warm up (light jog) before you exercise, and STRETCH right after you warm up, BEFORE your workout!!!! people don't pay attention to stretching but it's extremely important to keep your muscles limber. that's why you feel tight!

    And more importantly, STRETCH after your workout!!!!!! don't skip this ever. Google some stretching exercises. most will ask you to stretch arms, legs, back, etc., and to HOLD the stretch for 30 seconds. you should feel the pull in your muscles but not pain.

    wish i could be playing with you folks again. :) i'm sure there's more to auntie H than just her cooking!!! :):) plus, don't forget uncle TF's dedication, integrity, and ethics. i'm sure because of his values, he was able to appreciate and be faithful and loving to auntie H. :):)  

  3. # Blogger -sarah-

    hey hope the appraisal went well :)

    i still wanna see your pups before they get too big!!!!  

  4. # Blogger rizumu

    haha :) Diesel Today! Lubricating the every sort in the industry. haha. Oil me down please.

    Yes, if there was a time to use it. Now is *SMILES*

    Yeah man, a-pill is over and out.

    Dawn beamer indeed, lights up!  

  5. # Blogger rizumu

    hey z! Yeah, I know. the whole routine of the warming up and all. But ya know, these uncles will always roped you in the minute you wear your shoes leaving minimal room for that at times. I was warming up while chatting with uncle TF (now, no rocket science for where the opportunity is).

    yea, but must remember the stretches and warming up. Come back soon to join us!

    Agreed on Unc TF other qualities and of course Aunty H too. But you are the only one who probably gets what I am talking about. Unc TF says he'll wear a suit officiating my wedding, I told him, well u hold on to that suit now yeah.. :)  

  6. # Blogger rizumu

    Sarah, you should come soon! they are growing by the day and bigger as we speak. It's quite somewhat, well, I dunno...they sleep and grow. While I work n sleep, but yeah..come over a visit :) More CDs awaiting.  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hey c.2.ft,

    u said all girls should go under Aunty H's wing? you betcha! but i guess it applies to Edward as well huh? kekeekke..
    Selamat bersukan!  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.